2011-01-26

[Freakin' Wizards, Goddangit]

Admittedly, part of the reason I'm posting this is to test how well mobile posting works (which is why there are no tags right now.) This also means--O merciful Oort Cloud--no revisions until I get home. Heavens to Betsy!

That said: my current project has been in the works for a while, having been originally created as my 2010 NaNoWriMo entry. While I did swing several thousand words this November (and a prologue I'm just not sure about,) last night the outlining officially began for my project, codename STELLAR DOOR.

I have yet to settle in for the long haul , and I'm definitely not ready to start shooting out excerpts; however(-ski), I feel confident sharing a little about it. I'm not always one for fantasy, but when it happens, it's generally a many-headed beast of pulpy, often outlandish demeanor. (Also, I hate orcs.) STELLAR DOOR is one such piece, in this case kind of a submarine-drama-meets-not-quite-Norse-mythology-meets-desert-island story. Once a few chapters have been cranked out, I'll tease a few excerpts here.

Until then, expect regular poetry posts (I'm shooting for every Friday) and, in the next week, a short story - preferably full-length. Maybe the ("the", as if I only have one) time travel piece? Did a basic draft of it before bed last night. Seems good so far.

By the by, do you Twitter? My fat face does, on rare occasion.

No comments: